Sunday, June 5, 2011

Seq-Preq-Prolouge: Another Studio Summer

Smp

Yep, so it's like X-Men, but younger. I mean everyone has had a second hangover, or even a third (oh, but the possibilities are endless!).Maybe the kids would like another superhero movie, another crowd-pleasing buffer - it's the perfect distraction. People are tired of "art films" anyway, and they never really make any money. Take Paramount Vantage as the prime example - whoever thought distributing 2007's best pictures would keep you afloat? Shoot, not this guy.

Or, maybe I really want to see Tree of Life, and because you won't wide-release it on a scale that matches Thor, I have to wait an eon to even catch a glimpse. Maybe I'm tired of watching you nepotists and soul-salesmen make money on old ideas and propoganda - don't you see the rest of us moving forward?

But I guess being critical is all we can really do - I mean it's not like there's a free and open platform for distributing content (hah, what a crazy dream!), that allows you build a specific and targeted audience that (given the quality of your content) will sustain you enought to live and continue to create. I mean it's not like that exists...

So I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the pre-made cake, because honestly who wants to go through the trouble of actually doing anything? I read comic books too - I know who Thor is! And when Avatar 2 hits the screens you can bet I'll be there with my 3D glasses already on (I saved them from Drive Angry).

Besides, isn't the world ending anyway?

Things_are_ok_xkcd
But let's turn away from those heavy subjects and concentrate on something a little more fun. I always knew I was going to be able to say "I knew Mattie when," but I didn't expect her to get famous this fast! You'd be doing the world a disservace if you learned how to draw sandy cheeks from anyone else - and her makeup videos are pretty awesome too. Come back soon Mattie - we'll miss you!

Oh, and I forgot some of the coolest news - shout out to @matematicario for submitting the first response (all the way from Brazil - freakin' awesome:

And the original video for all you who think there's a different answer ;)

Peace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment